Subject: Fujitsu Acquires CAChe® Suite of Molecular Modelling Software from Oxford Molecular Group
From: Dan Chappell <[email-masked]>
To: Oxford Molecular Observers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:14:28 +0000

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contacts: Andrew Lloyd, ALA
+44 1273 675100

David Gallagher, Fujitsu Limited
+1 503 531 3600

Fujitsu Acquires CAChe® Suite of Molecular Modelling Software from Oxford
Molecular Group

New Fujitsu CAChe Group Adds Product Engineers, Plans Major Enhancements;
Oxford Molecular to Collaborate with Fujitsu on Transition and Product
Development

Oxford, 21 March 2000 - Fujitsu Limited (Tokyo Stock Exchange: 6702) and
Oxford Molecular Group (London Stock Exchange: OMG) today announced an
agreement for the acquisition of the award-winning CAChe® molecular
modelling software line by Fujitsu Limited. The agreement will
significantly enhance Fujitsu's global capabilities in the life sciences
and materials arena, while enabling Oxford Molecular to continue realigning
its Software Solutions division's product offerings to meet the needs of
its core customers.

As part of the agreement, the two companies have also entered into a nine
month joint development project that will produce the next generation of
the CAChe software family.

Fujitsu and Oxford Molecular are now working to ensure a seamless
transition for both existing and new CAChe customers in the scientific
research and academic teaching communities. The newly formed Fujitsu CAChe
Group will produce and distribute CAChe software to experimental chemists
world-wide, with primary operations based in Beaverton, Oregon. Japanese
sales and distribution, as well as localization for software, documentation
and marketing, will operate out of Fujitsu Limited in Chiba City, Japan.
European sales distribution and some development will be based in Fujitsu's
FQS Poland location in Krakow.

"Life sciences information technology is an important and fast-growing
arena, and one where Fujitsu has already made significant in-roads," said
Makoto Ogura, General Manager, Science & Technology Center, Fujitsu
Limited. "In acquiring the CAChe software line, we add to our portfolio
both a powerful tool and a well-established brand in the scientific
community. We look forward to our work with Oxford Molecular on continuing
to enhance the CAChe line, and are confident that the results will bring
even greater value to experimental and medicinal chemists around the world."

"We feel that the CAChe line is a great fit with Fujitsu and its long-term
objectives, and are enthusiastic about helping them to even further develop
the software's capabilities over the next year," said Dr. Tony Marchington,
CEO, Oxford Molecular Group. "This transition will allow us to continue
reshaping our Software Solutions division, to focus on those areas that
show the greatest potential for growth and add the greatest value to our
core customers across the life sciences community."

Among its immediate plans, Fujitsu will bring on several key members of the
current CAChe team, including senior support scientist Dr. Peter Herman,
and significantly increase the number of engineers focused on CAChe product
development. Oxford Molecular will work in tandem with Fujitsu throughout
2000 on developing the next generation of CAChe, which will include such
enhancements as transitioning CAChe's older version of MOPAC (Molecular
Orbital Package) to Fujitsu's powerful MOPAC 2000-a major benefit for CAChe
users.

"Our current CAChe users can rest assured that they will continue to
receive the fullest possible support during this transition," said George
D. Purvis, III, Ph.D., Oxford Molecular Senior Vice President, Director of
Computer-Aided Chemistry, and an original founder of CAChe Scientific. Dr.
Purvis, who will be moving to Fujitsu, added, "With expanded development
capabilities and the backing of a global company 188,000-strong, this is an
exciting move for the CAChe line and its customers." David Gallagher, who
previously served as Vice President of Sales and Marketing for CAChe
Scientific, will be responsible for global marketing and U.S. sales for the
new CAChe Group.
The CAChe suite of software tools for molecular modelling originally
launched in 1989 is primarily used by experimental chemists conducting life
sciences and materials research, as well as educators at the undergraduate
and graduate levels. In 1999, CAChe for Medicinal Chemists was introduced
to address the needs of medicinal chemists working in the pharmaceutical
industry, to assist them in developing drug candidates and optimizing leads
more quickly.

Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) is a leading provider of comprehensive
information technology and network solutions for the global marketplace.
Comprising over 500 group companies and affiliates worldwide-including ICL,
Amdahl and DMR Consulting Group-the Fujitsu Group had consolidated revenues
of 5.24 trillion yen ($43.3 billion) in the fiscal year ended March 31,
1999. With world-class hardware and software technology in computers,
telecommunications and microelectronics, and a corps of 55,000 systems and
services experts around the world, Fujitsu is uniquely positioned to
harness the power of the network to help its customers succeed. Altogether,
the Fujitsu Group has 188,000 employees and operations in over 100
countries.

Oxford Molecular Group
Oxford Molecular is a leading provider of discovery and software solutions
to the life sciences market. The company seeks to deliver excellence in all
its products and services and to help its customers benefit from the
synergy that is created from the integration of state-of-the-art chemistry,
biology and information technology infrastructure.

The Discovery Solutions Division offers discovery research through
collaboration, by providing world-class innovative technologies in
chemistry and biology which intimately match customer needs and add value
to their research programmes. The Software Solutions Division supplies
enterprise-wide software and information technology solutions for research
across the entire drug discovery process. Innovative and superior products
target customer needs for excellence in each area of discovery research;
and together they form integrated solutions that add value to the flow of
information through the customer's research process.

The Company has its headquarters in Oxford, England and has operations
throughout the USA as well as sales offices and agents around the world.

Web site address: http://www.oxmol.com and http:/www.oxmol.co.uk.

Brighton Business Centre 		221 bd Raspail
95 Ditchling Road 			75014 Paris
Brighton BN1 4ST 			France
England
Tel: +44-1273 675100 		Tel: +33-1 43 22 79 56
Fax: +44-1273 675400 		Fax: +33-1 43 20 90 92

email:
[email-masked] OR
[email-masked] (For ALA Paris office only)

INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGY MARKETS            STRATEGY & COMMUNICATIONS